plates, flying and otherwise

Martin Wisenbaker mbjwisenbaker at juno.com
Sun Dec 23 19:06:37 MST 2007

Broken treble strut on antique grand.

I was tuning an antique grand at an antique store several years ago when
I noticed the top treble strut had opened up about 3/4 of an inch in back
of the capo bar about an inch. It was an Austrian grand but I don't
remember the brand now. As soon as I saw it I immediately began letting
the tension down before it could have exploded. As I did the crack closed
back up. I had to inform the owner of the store that the piano was
untuneable and that it was dangerous as is.  I did not charge her
anything.

Martin Wisenbaker, RPT
Houston, Texas