Mason and Hamlin A, circa 1909: What to do with loose tuning pins inbass...

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sat Dec 29 05:02:04 MST 2007

I totally agree about the useless metal sleeves!

I bought some around twenty years ago, tried them a couple of times, and
remember thinking, why do the suppliers sell these, they simply don't work!
They look horrible, and mysteriously when the pin goes back in, it's as
loose as before!

Sandpaper or veneer are much better for a shim for just the odd loose pin,
and in a piano of no particular value.

Best,

David.