Mason and Hamlin A, circa 1909: What to do with loosetuning pinsinbass...

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sun Dec 30 07:02:35 MST 2007

John, those are lovely clear photos, with very even lighting.

It's a relief to know I've long been using the corect method, doing exactly
what you describe!

I was thinking, in relation to the great photos that appear on here, how
much easier it is now to take photos to illustrate a book. Little digital
cameras are so easy to use and can produce stunning results.  Much easier
now to produce photos for a boom like Reblitz'.

I was disappointed in the quality of photo reproductions in the new Capleton
regulating book.  It's difficult, I suppose, because it's a niche market -
piano regulating books won't sell a great many copies.  But how nice it
would be to see a new Reblitz-style book fully illustrated with colour
photos.

Sorry folks, I've gone off-topic with this thread.

Best regards,

David.