The Bumper Book of Piano Pics!

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sun Dec 30 07:39:19 MST 2007

Hi folks,

Dale, thank you for posting those lovely soundboard photos.  I went back to
your website and enjoyed the photos there too.

I was thinking what a fascinating repository of piano repair photos has over
time been posted to the list.  They would make a great book.
It would comprise a miscellany of photos of a scope and variety never before
assembled.

Think of all the photos sent in by vastly experienced craftsmen doing a huge
variety of piano tasks in a wide range of workshop types and settings. Think
of the close-up shots of small repair items. Think of the shots of odd
bridge/capo/stinging/bearing bar configurations.  Think of the shots of
beautiful re-finished pianos.

When can we get to buy the lavish full-colour book?!  If everyone was
willing to donate photos and assign copyright to the PTG, and do a write-up
on what's in the photos, perhaps a printer copuld be found, and the PTG
could have the profits.  What a fascinating and miscellaneous illustrated
repair manual could result!

Best,

David.