2008

Alan Barnard pianotuner at embarqmail.com
Sun Dec 30 13:17:16 MST 2007

I would like to wish everyone a happy, healthy, hale and hardy New Year.

I dread the upcoming avalanche of political BS, nastiness, and hard feelings that we in America are about to experience. Let us resolve to not partake of any negativity among our pianotech community, friends and colleagues, regardless.

We are still at war and things just took a very nasty turn with the murder of Benazir Bhutto. As I see it, this war, of which Iraq is only one skirmish, will likely last for many long years; and that will be regardless of who is elected next November. Let us resolve to remember that what we share as free people in free nations is bigger than our political or religious disagreements and that freedom, itself, is more fragile than we can imagine.

Other than those two somber thoughts, I have resolved, absolutely, to make no New Year's Resolutions whatsoever; so far I have been completely successful in that resolve.

Best wishes to all and Happy New Year! Stay tuned ...

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO