Bridle Straps

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Jan 1 09:52:32 MST 2007

Correcto again Jon.  No problem poping these things out if you find a
need sometime when secured this way, yet they have little or no chance
of falling out on their own.  Clips are not my cup of tea.

Unfortunately... We dont have the hammer butt type over here that has
the hole in it for the cork type.  So I have two solutions.  Generally,
the old strap has a generous remainder bit.  Textile glue will bind the
old with a cut off new strap. Takes a few minutes to dry but lasts as
long as you ever could want it to.  The joint becomes a bit stiff... but
I have not found that to be a problem if its short enough and fairly
close to where the butt shank glues in.  The second is to just glue a
shortened strap to the back side of the butt itself.

Cheers
RicB

    A dab of glue on the tape will secure the strap in place.

    The cork is used as a clamp until the glue dries. Use
    only enough glue for the tape so that the cork does not
    become glued. It will pop out with a little effort hopefully
    pulling the strap with.
    --

    Happy New Year,

    Jon Page