electronics replacing pianos?

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Jan 5 09:02:51 MST 2007

Hi Alan
  My Friend Peter Clark RPT & recording engineer says  it is because of the
complexity of the sound waves. Some of the bass waves for  example are 27 feet
long: Heck, that's longer than an Oscar Meyer Weaner. So  when recording a
true piano sound it would make sense not to  stick the mikes in the piano & shut
the lid.  Don't cha think?   sorry pet peeve
  Also I recall him saying something like the  waves are 3 dimensional or x ,
y & Z axis or some such.  Somebody  help me out here I'm over my
head.............again
  Dale

and the piano seems to be one of the hardest instruments to faithfully
reproduce through recording, if not the hardest.  Any thoughts as to why  that is?

Alan Eder