electronics replacing pianos?

Michelle Smith michelle at smithpianoservice.com
Fri Jan 5 11:47:12 MST 2007

I was thinking about this discussion last night while I was reading the
fancy-shmancy Steinway & Sons publication that comes out once a quarter.
(Some of you have told me you don't receive this and I don't know how I got
on their list!)   There's an interesting article about the recovery of New
Orleans and the assistance of Hall Piano Co.  Operations Manager Missy Bowen
at the University of New Orleans who is working to restore the music
school's inventory said:

"Music is much more than a little part of a cultural pie in New Orleans.
Its cultural importance has become the ground on which we are standing.  It
is something that is ingrained in us, in a community sense, in an economic
sense, and in a spiritual sense.  You know, you just don't have a party here
without somebody on piano."

Have a good one!

Michelle Smith

Bastrop, Texas