electronics replacing pianos?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Jan 5 18:43:14 MST 2007

>   I have never heard an
>     electronic system that can deliver the "visceral  kick" of a live 9
>     foot concert grand,not to mention the subtile shadings of the
>     overtones,nuances etc.

  >     */Hubert Liverman/*

Ever hear a recording of surf that speaks to you on a genetic
level like standing on the beach and feeling it live with
every cell?

You probably won't for a while either, until the recording
medium can produce a more comprehensive output that feeds all
of your receptors the same data as the real thing, and we're
not even sure what the receptors are yet.

Until the two become indistinguishable, being there still
trumps hearing about it.

Ron N