electronics replacing pianos?

hubert liverman hubertliverman at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 6 09:08:12 MST 2007

> >   I have never heard an
> >     electronic system that can deliver the "visceral  kick" of a live 9
> >     foot concert grand,not to mention the subtle shadings of the
> >     overtones,nuances etc.
>
>   >     */Hubert Liverman/*>
>
> "Ever hear a recording of surf that speaks to you on a genetic
> level like standing on the beach and feeling it live with
> every cell?
> You probably won't for a while either, until the recording
> medium can produce a more comprehensive output that feeds all
> of your receptors the same data as the real thing, and we're
> not even sure what the receptors are yet.
> Until the two become indistinguishable, being there still
> trumps hearing about it."
>
> Ron NO

Yesterdays thunderstorms bring to mind that if Gustav Mahler could have written/recreated it in a Concert Hall, he would have! We are on the same 'wave length' here. Great attack, long length/depth of sustain and vast openness of the sonic spectrum. I know of no Concert Hall,Recording Studio, Amplification/Reproduction system that can compare to "Mother Natures" own.
Interestingly enough, we all seem to be in some sort of agreement here. Technology is improving, just not quite there yet. When you add in human musicians and technophobes that really complicates the matter.

 Ouch.. what I just said...slap on my own wrist <G>

Hubert