regulation problems

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Mon Jan 8 10:26:39 MST 2007

> ...and I bet you have some slick way of shimming them on the
> bench.  Care to share?
>
> Inquiring minds want to know!

> Alan Eder

In the field I use Laroy Edwards' action trolley (http://
www.edwardsstringcovers.com/---then click on "other products) with
adustable bolts under the balance rail to recreate exact key travel.

In the shop, we use a variety of wedges and home-made hold-down
clamps to do the same thing.

The important thing is to realize how important recreating exact key
travel out of the piano is, and executing it, and maintaining it.  I
now have an intimate, constant relationship with the dip block when
I'm doing action regulation; one more way of increasing precision,
increasing evenness from key to key, and making the action feel
fantastic, which enhances my reputation, builds my business, and lets
me charge more and have a better range of clientele....from little
things grow big things....that's why doing your best at all times,
being really engaged, is entrepreneurial and smart.
And gives you greater cash flow. And self-esteem.

David Andersen