Just needs a little tuning!

Joey Recker joey at onkeypiano.com
Mon Jan 8 14:25:43 MST 2007

   Thanks,

   Alot of people ask me if I've ever tuned the Presiden't piano also!  The honest answer is...  "I don't know".  I can't recall the brand (I'm out of town now and can't access my files), but his piano was a name made in Savannah Georgia.  There is an old upright at the Lillian Carter Nursing Home in Plains of the same vintage and name, and I am told it was donated to the Home (but wasn't told who donated it).  I tuned it twice.  When I told the Nursing Home how much work it really needed and they decided to get another piano.  That piano still sits all alone in a hallway.  I've often meant to ask President Carter if it is the piano listed as his "Presidential Piano" but never have.  It seems likely, but who knows.  Around here there's not much fame in knowing President Carter.  We all grew up knowing him while everyone else said "Jimmy Who" <grin>.

Thanks for the reply.
Joey