Player piano problem

Patrick Poulson pcpoulson at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 8 14:52:30 MST 2007

Hello All: I service the player piano belonging to an elderly lady, and it has two notes that are not working when using the player action. We have no player technicians with 70 miles, so I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction as to diagnosing the problem and possible cure. I am hoping that it is simply a case of the individual hoses going to those notes that have come disconnected or cracke, but am also fearing that the valves themselves are leaking. Any tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Patrick C. Poulson
Registered Piano Technician
Piano Technicians Guild