William Benjamin pianoboutique at comcast.net
Wed Jan 10 09:48:23 MST 2007

I tell my customers that corrosion settles on the coils of the pins, where
strings usually brake.   If a piano is not tuned often, the wire
crystallizes into place and strings can brake, no matter what we do.

In this thread, I put my hammer on every pin and move it a little, even if
it is in tune: for two reasons.   One to see if it is on the verge of
falling and two to keep the string flexible.

Mind you, I have come to this belief with no creditable fax, but it sounds
good to me.

William

PIANO BOUTIQUE

William Benjamin