electronics replacing pianos?

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Jan 11 16:24:11 MST 2007

Hey John

An excellent point. But one which is not an overcomable one if first the
industry and technicians are empowered with how to do exactly with what
we do in similiar instances today with acoustic instruments... yes ?

cheers
RicB

    One big thing against the electronic piano is, the availability of
    parts for
    repair, down the road.
    I used to repair electronic instruments, and I can remember, taking
    a year
    to get a top octave synthesizer for a Farfisa organ. I couldn't get
    it in
    the US or Canada, and had to get it from Italy. It was my second try in
    Italy, before I got it. Another example, was a Lowery organ, and
    after 7
    years, the rhythm chip was unavailable.
    With pianos, we can modify existing parts, or make replica parts, so
    the
    piano, like the energizer bunny, just goes and goes and goes.
    John M. Ross
    Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
    jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca