electronics replacing pianos?

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Thu Jan 11 18:05:52 MST 2007

If a specially designed chip is unavailable, it is not easy to make a
substitute. The cost would make it not feasible.
The Lowrey chip for example, it seams to me they went back to the
manufacturer, and he wanted something like $1000 each for the chips, since
they would have to retool, and I don't know, what the minimum was.
If that is what you meant, that a work around was possible.
Not even mentioning the plastic parts that might have broken, or the contact
pads. These parts are just not that easy, to make work, if they are not
exact.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca