electronics replacing pianos

pbmosley mosley at classicnet.net
Fri Jan 12 19:13:44 MST 2007

There is a technical discussion and then the discussion that matters alot to the technicians.  A lot of the professional players, teachers, schools, churches and recording studios have already decided on digital.  These changes will mean far more to the profession than whether or not there are technical differences between the two instruments.  It's small, I can move it, I don't have to tune it, it makes all kinds of sounds, I can use it with my computer, it costs less.  My point I think is that a professional rebuilders criteria of piano sound is not very relevant to the average piano consumer.  I heard a Yamaha radio ad for the clavinova, same action, same sound as the best grand.  $100,000, or $2000, it's all the same.
Phil Mosley