Another Tough Tuning Environment

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Mon Jan 15 18:50:55 MST 2007

Don,
I can imagine the soundscape setting up for NAMM was even worse than
your mp3 sounded, although that was very "interesting".

I met a german tech who spent one night tuning about 10 pianos for the
opening of the Frankfurt Musikmesse.  Same scenario.  He is an aural
tuner, and a bright one.  He had a little contact microphone which he
placed on the soundboard, then ran it through a tiny amp the size of an
iPod, and to earphones from there. It allowed him to tune aurally in an
environment where an ETD is usually a must.
I was thinking of bringing these units onto the market,  but up to now
it has just remained one of many projects on the back burner...

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440
info at pianofortesupply.com