Another Tough Tuning Environment

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Mon Jan 15 21:53:20 MST 2007

Jurgen,

I had the same thought back when I was first doing floor tunings. I
bought a contact mic which I fastened to the soundboard with some kind
of adhesive putty and connected it to amplified headphones.

It turned out to be a bad idea because the soundboard itself acted as a
microphone and picked up all the room noise I was trying to screen out,
so I gave up on it.

Maybe if the mic could be attached to the plate or something less
affected by ambient noise.

Tom Cole