Steinway Style II questions

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed Jan 17 06:58:12 MST 2007

Hi Daid
  I have rebuilt  one of these.  You might check  the archives as there was a
thread on these last year. The limitations are not  as bad when the string
scale & tension sis assessed correctly. Mine was  scaled for A-458.  Yup that's
a half step higher. If I did it over   I'd rescale of course.
  What type of modifications are you referring to  specifically?
  Dale

What are  the tonal limitations of the upper treble of this type (no capo
d'astro  bar)?  How far could you / would you go to address these  limitations?
This would probably best be addressed to those who are  doing innovative
installations.  Are there inherent limitations in this  design that would limit the
effectiveness of these modifications?

Were  these keyboards originally heavily weighted?  I've seen one which
starts  with about 10 (ten) 7/16" leads in A0. On first glance  (un-disassembled)
they look original.

Thanks

David  Skolnik