My first tuning attempt

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Mon Jan 22 19:13:18 MST 2007

TuneLab is invaluable for me, first in measuring starting pitch, so I know what I'm faced with, and then in doing a precise, one-pass, fast pitch raise.  I completely zone out, and just focus on getting from A0 to C8 ASAP.  Yes, I write down notes to investigate later.

Then I strip up and tune aurally, and enjoy listening to intervals and putting the puzzle pieces together.

When I would tune completely with TuneLab, I'd use two mutes, tuning right to center, then left to center, and then listen to all three strings for stray unisons.  Sometimes bad scales would turn out horribly, and I'd just use TL for the temperament and treble, and tune down aurally by ear.

--Cy--