My first tuning attempt

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Tue Jan 23 06:39:22 MST 2007

 David,

I'm not firmly dedicated to either method, but if I had to give one method up, I'd toss the Tunelab.  I do use the ETD for pitch adjustments and for temperaments if I'm in a hurry.  I find it to be an amazing time and stress saver.

I do listen and get lost in the "world of sound," but when I'm "tuning" a junky little spinet, I am oh-so-happy to have my little electronic partner.

When I'm doing a quality piano, unless there are serious time constraints, it's primarily aural.

Dave Stahl

I guess the question I have for all you ETD users is this, and I would deeply appreciate honesty here: where is your attention when you tune a piano? Do you listen in a focused, calm, attentive, relaxed way, giving your self to the world of sound? Or are you "on automatic," and free to roam through your thoughts, dreams, and schemes, putting the bulk of your attention on the stream of dialog in your head? I believe it's an important question, and I hope I get both honesty and collegiality in the replies, if any.

Happy Monday, kids.  I'm off to work......

David Andersen<<

=