footwear

Chandran Paul Jaikumar CPaulJ at kis.in
Mon Jan 22 22:19:15 MST 2007

regarding the subject of footwear,  it is a custom specially in India to take out the shoes or
slippers while entering one's home out of respect and as well as cleanliness.  It is a tradition
practised here over hundreds of years.
I had to do the same thing when I go in for tuning.  Once it was cold, that the customer
offered a blanket for me to stamp on and tune. I have seen electricians and plumbers here
use a canvas sort of shoe tucked in their bag made of cloth so is light.

regards,

Paul Jaikumar
S. India

Come on down its the greatest!!We even speak English, well sort of!!
Cheers, David