bass string markup

Mike Kurta mkurta at adelphia.net
Tue Jan 23 07:03:42 MST 2007

    For me, everything gets marked up 100% of the cost of the part itself.
This covers ordering, shipping, and a reasonable profit.  Its easy to lose
sight of the fact that we are providing a needed, professional service and
the parts to complete the job.
    As in many fields, we are so close to the operation, we forget the years
of training and experience we bring to the job, the hidden costs and
expenses involved and the personal attention and education we provide every
day.  The first requirement  of being in  business is to make a profit.  It
should not be considered a hobby, do not feel guilty.
    Mike Kurta
    Syracuse chapter