jack not returning on high treble

Alan R. Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 23 21:40:45 MST 2007

The jacks (jack spring pushing spoon pushing wippen) can help hammers return.
Your treble hammers are on their own.
Possibles, in approximate order of desperation: Weak springs, crud in spring slots, slow key return, jack height (capstans), capstan friction, wippen or hammer butt friction, hammers deeply grooved (hugging the strings a little), bad hammer travel, bent center pins, warped action rail or frame, spring rail out of position (loose screw, missing shims), strawberry jam, poltergeists.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO
Joshua 24:15