NAMM Report

Frank Emerson pianoguru at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 23 21:53:51 MST 2007

Rob Goodale wrote:

>The award goes to Hailun from China,

As designer of new models for Hailun, I thank you for your high praise of
our product.

> it is reported to be the only piano factory not owned by the government.

Actually, there are over 180 piano manufacturers in China, and many of
these are privately owned.  Of these 180 companies, only four have been
awarded the "China top brand" award.  Hailun is the only privately owned
piano company to receive this award.  It is noteworthy that a privately
owned company would receive this award from the Chinese government, in
competition with many Chinese government owned companies.

>removing the mute rail for tuning takes 10 seconds.

10 seconds, max.  No tools.  Just lift it out.

Frank Emerson