NAMM Report

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 08:01:47 MST 2007

OK, but what does the name translate as? The only Hailun I have in my
DeFrancis dictionary means "seagoing vessel." Or is it a
phoenticization of Hayden?
Another manufacturer's brand name is Haixing -- which I translated (to
myself) as "sea of stars" > perhaps "The Milky Way" -- kind of cool,
makes one think of certain composers -- but this morning my dictionary
over-rules that with an authoritative "starfish."
Patrick Draine