Click

David Nereson dnereson at 4dv.net
Sun Jan 28 02:32:04 MST 2007

	The most probable things would be:  a loose wippen flange screw, glue on
the butt felt, or missing butt felt.  Another possibility is glue on the
key stop rail or bottom of fallboard.  Or, as someone else suggested, the
butt "leather" is hard Corfam that needs to be replaced with leather or
Ecsaine (or is it Escaine?).  Sometimes the jack spring makes a little
click, but not usually audible with the front panel back on.  If it's more
of a clunk than a click, that could be an ovalled-out balance pin hole
("pulley" key, or key "chucking.")
	--David Nereson, RPT