Two Different Worlds ... was Kimball Consolette keytop problem

Michelle Smith michelle at smithpianoservice.com
Mon Jan 29 13:13:46 MST 2007

Alan wrote:

World Number 2 = (Old uprights, trash consoles and spinets, family
"heirlooms", beat up Hamilton studios ...) + (Fallboard names like
Gulbransen, Monarch, Howard, Lester, Bob's Piano Company ... ) + (Small
towns 2 to 4  hours from any city even large enough to have piano dealers,
small farms and ranches, Appalachia, Mississippi Delta, or in my case, the
Missouri Ozarks ...)

***

I am also a full-time resident in World Number 2 which has been a great
place to start my career.  Lots of repairs on old pianos and very nice
customers.  I'll let my Austin chapter friends deal with the Austin
attitudes for now.  Concerning the keytop replacement that started this
whole discussion, I have mailed them off to be replaced.  I would prefer for
my first replacement job to be a little more straightforward and I wanted my
customer to get her money's worth.  Thanks to everyone for your advice and
honesty.

Michelle Smith

Smith Piano Service

Bastrop, Texas