managing Pianotech content information

paul bruesch tunergeek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 16:58:27 MST 2007

I just recently joined this list and started out getting periodic digest
emails. I found that to be a very unfriendly way to read this forum, so I
started just refreshing the monthly archive every few hours that I'm at
home, but didn't care much for that either. Then I signed up for a gmail
account (email by Google). Related threads get joined into one entry in my
inbox, making it far simpler to plow thru a pile of posts. Then, if I want
to save something for later, I can put a tag on it (e.g. "Regulating", or
"Temperament")... it's similar to folders, except I can assign multiple tags
to a single email. Then I can move it to archive so it's out of my inbox.
Most internet users are familiar with Google as a search engine, so it
should be no surprise that Gmail archive is search-enabled, too.

If it wasn't such a pain to "move" to a different email address, I'd be
moving my regular personal email to Gmail as well. As it is, I do plan to
start that process in the not too distant future, though I anticipate it'll
take a while...

Paul