OT - Federal "No Call List" ???

Geoff Sykes thetuner at ivories52.com
Tue Jan 30 12:45:21 MST 2007

The boat horn is an interesting idea, but telco circuitry will limit the
decibel level on the receiving end to far below what you want to be sending
them. You also stand the chance of damaging your own phone as well as
tripping circuit breakers in the phone system that would then require a
service call from the phone company. No, instead of retaliating I would like
to suggest that you use the following legally binding statement whenever you
get one of these calls: "Please remove me from your call list." I am on the
DNC list and it is very effective. But not totally so. Every time I use
these magic words THEY apologize and end the call. Additionally, if they
should call again you now have legal precedence to take them to court and
win. I believe the judgment is something like $500 and is almost always
uncontested and awarded without actually having to go to court.

-- Geoff Sykes
-- Assoc. Los Angeles