posting complete information

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Sun Jul 1 16:53:44 MDT 2007

Many thanks to Gregor for posting the web link and part number.

I would like to encourage all of you to think about how you respond to
questions and make an extra effort to include as much information as
possible. Think about a novice tech some months down the road searching the
archives for information. In this particular thread, he might need to read
2-3 exchanges to understand what was being discussed, how to effectively
solve the problem, and where to go to get supplies.

Oftentimes when we respond we frame our answer only to answer the immediate
question. But this list serves as a training manual to many. Keep that in
mind when framing your answers and use it as an opportunity to train-
include as much information as you can: why is it needed, how to do it,
where to get parts, etc.

I am thankful to God for this list and all of you who so freely share what
you have painfully learned.

Blessings,

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359