plate screw

Mike Kurta mkurta at adelphia.net
Mon Jul 2 14:35:34 MDT 2007

Brian, you'll get a lot of answers to your question, but I'll put my entry in here.  Unwind the copper from a heavy bass string, keeping the coils close together resembling a spring.  Cut to length, and place them down in the hole all the way.  Use as many as necessary, 2 or 3 should do it.  (You ARE going into wood?)  Put the screw back in and  tighten 'er up.  It acts like a Heli-coil in metal and will really hold if done properly.  I have reattached grand legs with stripped holes this way.
    Mike Kurta