Action Ratio and Dip and Blow and Etc.

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Wed Jul 4 05:07:46 MDT 2007

>I started with both "Parts Kits":... both the Renner kit and the Abel kit ...

Ah grasshoppah, you're one kit short. Tokiwa Parts Kit (P-tech, Brooks).
(Don't feel bad, I have yet to get the Abel Kit).

Looking at the configuration of the whippen, I would have included the
Tokiwa M&H w/ adj. spring assist for consideration.  If these are used,
you could remove one of the leads near the outer end because the spring
will support the weight of the whippen effecting at least a -10 g on FW.

Either the Abel or Tokiwa kit has a M&H shank with the knuckle at 18 mm,
17 mm might be all you can squeeze out of it though, try many configurations
to ascertain which provides the best regulation and lowest friction.

If you find a shank to regulate well but the flange doesn't fit the rail,
alter the rail by removing or adding material on the indexing edge.

Measure twice. cut once. Don't let this happen to you,
"Hey Moe, I cut it twice and it's still too short."
"Ya moron, it's only short on one end."
--

Regards,

Jon Page