Rib Crowning Jig

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Jul 5 15:33:57 MDT 2007

> I would like to build my rib crowning jig can anyone send me some
> advise and pictures. ?
>
> Thanks

Here's one of six of mine. Plywood, pattern routed to whatever
shape you want, glued up and stacked, sanded flat and epoxy
finished male and female cauls. Laminate 6" wide stacks of
spruce to at least the maximum depth of the ribs of that
specific radius, and clamp the stack between the cauls. Rip
ribs to width from the stack after it dries, cut them to depth
and feather.

Ron N