Steinway double-keyboard piano

Mark Ultsch multsch at jvlnet.com
Sun Jul 15 17:59:32 MDT 2007

Hi Baoli,

I thot that you, Kit, or someone would like to look into this
reference.  In case you're not keeping up with pianotech, Kit is found
on utube (per Terry Ferrell) at
 http://video.on.nytimes.com/index.jsp?fr_story=51447a22df4808817b10c4ec7f31af913673f701(I've not seen it).Other email guessed how it works, but I'm a bit busy now to comment onit, or refer to the Journal article (I don't remember which issue itwas in).Hope your summer is good.Mark----- Original Message -----From: "David Boyce" <David at piano.plus.com>To: "Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2007 4:36 PMSubject: Re: Steinway double-keyboard piano> How interesting to see this instrument restored! And to hear it inaction. Steinway's one-and-only Emanuel Moor double-keyboard piano.>> Several other makers produced one or two of them, and Bosendorfermade several.>> The history of them is documented in a book by Herbert A. Shead, ofwhich I have a copy (The History Of The Emanuel Moor Double KeyboardPiano. Unwin Brothers Ltd).  There is a large fold-out diagram of theaction of the Bechstein version, but nothing of that sort on theSteinway.>> Regards,>> David.>