CA tuning pins

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Sun Jul 15 19:47:24 MDT 2007

As Alan said you can judiciously apply it to the piano in the vertical
position. A hypo oiler is a must for an applicator, though I know some
prefer a syringe and needle. You should also pull the action away from the
strings as some glue will inevitably run down the strings and get on the
dampers if you don't. It is helpful to have plenty of Q-Tips on hand to soak
up any such excess glue that runs down before it gets to the speaking length
of the strings.

I did this very procedure just last week to a console. I was a long way from
home, didn't have my tilter, and only the bass pins needed treated. It
worked.

But for a very thorough application it would seem best to tip the piano on
its back.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272