gluing in the new board

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Jul 16 22:19:02 MDT 2007

I also do it alone and it's not that hard.  After the board is fitted to the
rim I screw it down around the perimeter enough so that I can drop the plate
in and out and fit the bridges.  I use largish washers between the head of
the screw and the SB to protect the board.  Those screw holes not only work
as a nice way to index the board back in, but with an electric screw driver
you can set the board down very quickly without having to mess with the
clamps.  As Ron mentioned, once the board is down on the glue you have a
fair amount of time to work around with the clamps and blocks.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com