Wanting to do it right

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Thu Jul 19 05:51:42 MDT 2007

>I guess it's not a case of WANTING to work for no pay, but of occasionally
>deeming it wise, in certain circumstances, to 'go the extra mile' in order
>to secure goodwill and future business.  There is a fine line to be drawn,
>of course, between doing those little extras, and being taken advantage of,
>and navigating that line takes some skill in itself.

Dr. Phil comments that we teach people how to treat us.

If a dealer doesn't strive to elevate you, both monetarily and in performance
you will not get ahead and be something of an indentured servant or worse,
you'll be floundering around in mediocrity.

Raise your prices to him and insist on quality performance. If he doesn't
want to elevate his business practices, tactfully decline work. He'll find some
other schlep and just might reserve you for the better jobs where performance
is and issue.

Regards,

Jon Page