Downbearing Angles

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jul 19 22:31:42 MDT 2007

"Is there a preferred downbearing angle?"

Absolutely! The proper angle is the angle which produces the best piano sound!

So much depends on the type of soundboard (compression-crowned, rib-crowned or hybrid - age and condition of board - existing crown - etc.). So no definitive answer with data provided. The best thing to do is to get a recommendation from someone who works with the same type of situation you are facing.

Terry Farrell