more board question

nelsong at pbic.net nelsong at pbic.net
Fri Jul 20 23:12:17 MDT 2007

Hello list,
Getting ready to set bearing tomorrow and am very curious how many people
try to get the board/rib/bridge assembly close to or at the % moisture
content that was in the board when the ribs were glued on as a preparatory
step.
When taking the bearing measurements that will determine how high the
bridge will be, it would appear to be important to do this?
The reason I ask is that I have observed the available bearing in the new
board change over time depending on the relative humidity.
The mc was about 6.5% when ribs were glued on.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Gene Nelson