Forster upright with negative crown

Jean-Jacques GRANAS lemotjuste at data.pl
Tue Jul 24 03:52:40 MDT 2007

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for answering my post. I'm afraid, however, that I don't quite
understand the screw and coin trick you're writing about. Sounds exotic to
me. It seems to me that anything pushing the board forward from the back
would also prevent it from vibrating freely.

I realize that the only permanent fix would be to replace the board or
reglue it with new ribs, but, as I wrote, the instrument is not worth the
expense or the time. That's why I would be interested in suggestiions that
could improve its sound somewhat, if that's possible.

Cheers,

Jean-Jacques Granas
Warsaw, Poland