Coastal Dampp-chaser calibration

Wayne M. Williams wwilliams11 at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jul 30 20:46:18 MDT 2007

Dear Paul,
The camp is only open two months of the year. The winters here are very long and rugged. All the pianos are stored in a seperate room where there is a minimal amount of climate comtrol.

Right now,the 1919 A Steinway is in an uninsulated auditorium for the summer. There is a Damp-Chaser heating bar inside.  Is this sufficient for the summer. The camp also wants dampchasers in a few other uprights in the practice rooms in the back of the audtorium. I would say that the humidity near Lake Champlain is about 60-80% most of the summer.

All the pianos at the camp have been donated, and are old but good quality instruments for the most part. Right now they have a 1940's vintage Baldwin in great working order but very dirty, and it is being stored outside! I told the camp director to get the piano inside ASAP.

Look forward to your advice.

Wayne Williams