tight young chang bushings

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Fri Nov 2 14:34:47 MST 2007

 Gene,

I work on a Samick of more recent vintage.? It is on this piano that I learned the art of re-pinning...:-)

The center pins on this particular piano, as well as others of similar vintage, appeared to be covered with graphite or some other gnarly substance.? Whatever it was, it's became kinda crusty, and some of the pins were really hard to budge at all due to buildup of crud.? And it was all over:? jack centers, wippen centers, hammer centers, rep lever centers, and even some underlever centers.? At least there are fewer centers in an upright.

I don't think any warranty will cover a piano as old as the one you're client owns.?

Good luck!

Dave Stahl