duluth jailhouse tool case

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 00:24:52 MST 2007

On Nov 5, 2007 9:24 PM, tom <tomtuner at verizon.net> wrote:

> Subject: RE: duluth jailhouse tool case
>

> Hey Tom,
>
> When was the last time you changed you tuning pin tip?
>
> David Ilvedson, RPT
> Pacifica, CA 94044
>

> David,
>
>   Interesting you should ask,
>
>             I scored an older Hale rosewood lever on Ebay this year that was
> unused. I use a short 15 degree head and the like new Hale #2 tip that came
> with the lever. So the answer is recently.
>
>             If you are referring to the two heads showing in the image, one
> is a longer head also with a #2 tip, to reach over plate-case obstructions
> and the other a one piece thin wall  for those little Wurlies with the
> crowded tenor tuning pin field .
>
>             I recently bought and returned two el crapo new tips from the
> big supplier and will confer with my Newtonville friends for suggestions
> next time around.
>
>             Tom Driscoll
>

>             Tom Driscoll
>
> .

I tried using the "flap" pockets for tools early on but got tired of
idea of a velcro or stretchy strap over the open part where the
pockets end. Just haven't decided how to attach it yet, I don't think
the self-adhesive stuff would stay, I wouldn't try sewing it, perhaps
rivets or snaps?!

Mike

--
The way some people find fault, you'd think there was some kind of reward.
Michael Magness
email mike at ifixpianos.com