1890 Weber upright

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Tue Nov 13 10:30:34 MST 2007

I just tuned a 1901 Vose & Sons upright with extra-long keys (maybe 18"?),
and it played fine.  No leads; in fact, A0 and C8 had five Forstner holes in
the bottom of the keystick under the head, about 1/2" deep.  I didn't
measure DW/UW, but it was very responsive.  What kind of balance problems
would there be?

--Cy--