Collard and Collard

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 02:46:51 MST 2007

At 19:38 -0800 13/11/07, David Love wrote:

>Can anyone tell me anything about the rebuildability of a mid 19th century
>Collard and Collard Grand.  I've not seen the piano yet but wonder what kind
>of special problems I might encounter.

"mid 19th century" is vague enough to cover a period during which the
piano in England developed very quickly from ancient to modern.
Within the space of ten years huge transformations were accomplished.
In some respects C&C were in the vanguard and in others not.  Without
knowing the exact date and style of the piano in question I don't see
how it is possible for those who have replied to make their
assertions.

JD