Key lead removal tool?

ITUNEPIANO at aol.com ITUNEPIANO at aol.com
Sat Nov 17 17:17:14 MST 2007

Hi Dave.  Is this an E-109?  I've seen several here that needed  lead
removal.  Young Chang has paid for the removal, but hesitated on  covering  plugging
of holes, or a proper re-weighting.  The lead  removal does make the piano
function  (black keys, usually;   sometimes whites past the damped notes).  In
the past, I've just held the  key to a jig with an appropriate hole  (lead sized
or larger) and punched  the lead out with a hammer and punch.  A vise works
as a jig.  Some  lead dust can be expected, so use a drop cloth if done in a
customer's  home.

Bob Maret,  RPT
Piano Technician