Steinway action noise

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Sun Nov 18 15:32:10 MST 2007

I don't know of any Chinese parts for Steinway being offered yet, but
it wouldn't surprise me one bit.  Things are happening at breakneck
speed in China, with new stuff coming on stream all the time.  If
Chinese Steinway parts are not available today, I'm sure they will be
in short order.  About 2 years ago I was approached and asked if I was
interested in distributing Chinese shanks, flanges and wippens.  They
looked frighteningly decent. I declined, but someone else has probably
picked them up.  What is to stop the Chinese from trying to get a part
of the Steinway parts action (pun intended), just as Tokiwa
successfully did  some time back?  And heck, Steinway has a factory
there, they can make them themselves...

Jurgen Goering