Boston Pianos

VOCE88 at aol.com VOCE88 at aol.com
Mon Nov 19 20:25:15 MST 2007

In a message dated 11/19/2007 10:10:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pianoservice at msn.com writes:

Terry-

Larry Fine seems to think Boston pianos are made in Japan by Kawai Musical
Instruments, Inc.
and Essex pianos are made by Young Chang.

-Lou

Lou,

When the piano book was written in 2001 this was true.

Today, the Essex is made by Pearl River - with a few models made by Young
Chang.

Boston is built by Kawai in Japan, unless it is built in their Indonesian
factory which makes a lower quality.

I personally do not like the Boston pianos, particularly the uprights. My
alma mater, Temple University in Philly has had a devil of a time with parts
support. Also several bottom boards have been kicked through because they are
delicate. (Veneered composite and very lightly made - Not as heavy as MDF)

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
800 394-1117